The TOSHIBA BEX4 barcode printer is a premium industrial printer.
It is versatile and applicable to many industries including retailing, manufacturing, healthcare, warehousing, logistics and much more.
With leading market-proven technology, the TOSHIBA BEX4 printer provides usability, reliability, and the lowest total cost of ownership.
The printer is robust and durable with a sturdy metal housing, yet incredibly intuitive to use.
We made this step-by-step video to guide you on the proper steps to place (or replace)
labels and ribbons into your barcode printer unit. Below is the video timestamp for quick reference:
Click here for video guide in Loading label into printer
Click here for video guide in Adjusting media guide
Click here for video guide in Replacing ribbon
Click here for video guide in Proper Label & Ribbon loading position
Click here for video guide in Connecting power and USB cable
- Avoid scratching the printerhead -
The printerhead is the most vital part of the printer. It consists of a strip of sensitive film which transfers heat onto the ribbon & label to create a visible image. When loading the label and ribbon, make sure your finger nails, ring, watch or other instruments do not scratch the printerhead.
Once there are abrasions on the part, white missing lines will form on printed image. This is a serious matter when you are printing barcode. The barcode printed cannot be scanned or worst, prompted a different set of code when scanned.
- Ribbon ink facing out - When you are loading the ribbon, make sure the ink are on the outside.
You may have some leftover barcode ribbon lying around. You think that it would be wise not to waste. However, not all barcode ribbon ink wound the same.
Before loading the ribbon, make sure the ink are on the outside. A good way to test it is to paste a sticker to the ink surface.
You are able to identify which surface the ink is coated based on where the black ink sticks to.
For more information on ribbons, read here.
- Label guide - If you have multiple size label, make sure to adjust the label guide every time you load the label.
The guide aligns the label to the centre so the printer prints the same position for subsequent labels.
If the guide is too loose or tight, the printing will misalign and prompts paper jam error. Additionally, it goes without saying that the label sticker should be facing upward.
You should also make sure that the label & backing paper width does not exceed the maximum capacity of 120mm (4.7").
If you have wider label, you may opt from our variety of printer model to suit for application.
- Software update - Do make sure you have the correct software version and latest driver for the printer. The latest software will ensure the printer perform efficiently and increase its longevity.
It also makes sure the printer works with your PC's specifications.
The B-EX4T printing solutions feature high quality and economical industrial products which deliver low running costs and total cost of ownership.
Available in a variety of resolutions for the most diverse industrial printing applications they easily integrate into existing workflows.
- Printhead : Flat Type or Near Edge
- Method : Direct thermal & Thermal Transfer
- Print Width : 104 mm (4.09")
- Max. Print Speed : 14 ips (335 mm/sec)
- Resolution : 203 dpi, 305 dpi or 600dpi
- Font : Bitmap and outline
- Options : Cutter, peel off & internal rewinder
For more information, contact us now!